Wednesday, February 8, 2012

One Simple Thought-Drop

One thought at a time is enough
One simple thought, simply thought, is most effective

Aware of thinking
I can choose my thought

I wish my mind to be still and clear
So that I can simply think one simple thought most effectively

Aware of a jumble of thoughts in my body-mind
Like a turbulent lake tossed about by a stormy wind

I am the lake, I am the wind, I am the turbulence
Now I stop the jumble

How?
I think one simple thought at a time, each of the above

One after another
All together

The waves slowly stop their tossing and turning about
And the lake becomes calmer, calmer

I am not sending more thought-waves, just this one
And the lake-mind-body becomes still

One thought-drop at a time, dropped into the calm lake
Sends orderly ripples to all sides of the lake

Slowly, the ripples of this one, simple thought
Reach every corner of my body-mind

This is true con-centration
One simple thought sending circular ripples in all directions

Ordering the universe of my being, which lies at the center of the Universe
Because Infinitude extends out from my center in every direction

I become organized
Around One Simple Thought

Dropped into the silent stillness
Of Infinite Being

4 comments:

  1. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly comeback.
    9 1/2 X 31 1/2 mill drill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this post, Maria, and I very much appreciate your telling me! Wishing you all happiness!

      Delete
  2. I echo Maria's comments. Jennifer you have a true gift of expression. This Me, at the Center, is in control, when I am free, when I Take control. Then I become your turbulent lake calming itself by simplifying and directing my thoughts, one after another, all together. It IS organizing, and I love the expression "Dropped into the silent stillness of Infinite Being". Beautifully written, once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What joy to find others in this world who see and understand. Thank you, Jerry!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed with an open mind and heart.