Take your time to think though each of the following steps slowly:
- Think, "I want to stop interfering with my vision."
- Think of the visual system as a horizontal plane connecting the eyes through the head to the visual cortex in the back of the brain.
- Now, imagine that horizontal plane being a bit higher...even higher.
- Let the eyes take on a receptive quality, allowing light to enter; imagine the light traveling in through eyes, through the head to the back of the brain.
- Let the eyes be lively and moveable with curiosity, not staring fixedly at any one spot.
- Expand your awareness of your peripheral vision.
- Remember to keep thinking of the horizontal plane of the visual system being higher than it seems.