- Recognize what is happening: there are natural causes for everything I am experiencing, and it's very far from being all my fault!
- Remember that the pre-frontal cortex (PFC--the area forward and up in the brain, behind and above the forehead) is in charge of my body-mind-emotions, and I am in charge of the PFC. It IS possible for me to rise above this scenario and change the scene inside me, even if it doesn't happen instantly.
- Observe physical sensations and emotions, but understand that reacting to them by dropping my awareness into lower areas of brain and body will impede my ability to change them, and the flow of negativity will continue on.
- With forceful energy and quiet determination, I choose to stay forward & up in the PFC, observing the downward pull from above, but absolutely refusing to fall down into it again. NO!!
- I am separate from my body and emotions. I feel both, but I am not reacting to that feeling. All I'm doing is staying focused on keeping my awareness forward & up, and telling myself things like, "I feel _____, but I am not reacting to that," and simply, "I am not reacting," and I patiently let things work themselves out down below.
- I know that if I stop interfering with myself, "The right thing will do itself."
If changes need to occur in our outer situation, we will be much better equipped to effect positive change when our body is not experiencing SNS activation. We will be able to see and consider various options, and then make the best choice from among them, when we are not being ruled by fear.