Monday, May 9, 2011

Getting sick?

I haven't succumbed to a cold for many months now, despite many times when I felt like I was getting sick. To me, this feels like a real coup, because I have habitually gotten several colds every year, often lasting two weeks.  I, like most people, hate getting sick!

I've been experiencing a lot of extra stress over the last couple of weeks, and I've often been feeling like I might be getting a cold; but, thankfully, I have been able to stay healthy.  Today is another one of those days, and I feel sicker than the other times, so I want to really put my energy into being healthy.  I don't know if I will be successful, but this is what has been working for me lately.  (Or maybe it really IS the JuicePlus supplements that one of my friends has been selling me this year! :)


  • I am placing my awareness in the area behind my forehead (the prefrontal cortex, PFC).
  • I am noticing that my body is feeling sick, but I am not dropping my awareness down to those parts of my body that feel sick (nose, throat, etc.), continuing to aim forward and up with my mind. 
  • I am allowing feeling sensations to rise up to my brain, but I am staying high above them, as if I were at the top of a mountain top, gazing down and all around.
  • From the PFC, I tell myself: "I am refusing to react to whatever it is inside of me that is trying to make me sick." "I refuse to react to those feelings." "I am not reacting to the feelings of sickness." "Forward and UP!" "I am stopping the pattern that is causing me to feel sick."
  • I stay with this process, continually renewing my intentions throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed with an open mind and heart.